Sunday, May 19, 2013

Red Fox Kits

I've gone back a couple times to see the fox kits. The second time I got permission to enter the fenced in area so I could sit and wait for the foxes to come out. Obviously it was so much easier to take pictures inside the fence! They were SO stinking cute! I saw 5 at a time, but I don't know if they were all babies. They were all about the same size, their coats all looked similiar, and they were all very playful. In fact, they rough-housed and fought like naughty little kids. My guess is that they were all babies, but I don't know for sure. I ended up being there almost 2 hours and took nearly 400 pictures! Thank goodness for digital cameras! The first three pictures were taken through the fence the first time I went back, the rest were taken during that second trip. (I know the pouncing picture is really blurry, but it was too cute not to share!)

 
 

He studied that chunk of mud and then...

he attacked...

and attacked again.
















He was sneaking up on his brother.




1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

What fun! I didn't realize they act more like cats than dogs. I would have guessed the other way around. Thanks for sharing.