Sunday, May 12, 2013

Arise and Call Her Blessed

Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.   Proverbs 31: 28-31


In honor of my moms on this Mother's Day:

My mom learned from the best. There is no one in the world quite like my grandma.

My mom worked hard for all we had and loved us above all. Through life's ups and downs, she was the constant. Saying I'm grateful to have her as my mom barely begins to scratch the surface. Now that I am older, I am lucky to have her as my friend.

I couldn't have picked a better stepmom. She is a wonderful friend. She always seems to know when I need a sounding board or just that phone call that says someone's thinking of me. Our family would not be the same without her and I am so grateful God brought her into our lives.


I am blessed to have a wonderful mother-in-law who raised a wonderful son into a great man and father. She never criticizes or points out ways I could do things better. She just loves & accepts. I am a better person for having her influence, wisdom, and friendship in my life.

These ladies have all modeled the way to be a Godly mother, and I am so thankful for their love, friendship, prayers, guidance, and wisdom.

When my children grow up, I hope they will look at me through adult eyes full of love and respect. Being a mom is a hard job, and I often wonder if I'm doing it right. I hope I am a mother worthy of my children's and husband's honor and praise.

No comments: