Saturday, May 11, 2013

More Critters

I have wanted to take a picture of a fox (in the "wild") for quite some time, but they are so difficult to find! I finally found a fox family, but their den is under a building which is inside a locked fence. So, I couldn't really get very close and I had to shoot through the chain links, but I did manage to get a picture of a fox! This little guy was very curious and peeked out a few times to check on us. I plan to go back and hopefully catch him or the rest of his family all the way out in the grass sometime because this wasn't exactly the backdrop I was hoping for!






Check out this guy's cheeks!!


I've had a flock of pine siskins visit my backyard the past couple days. I've only had them in my yard one other time and that was a couple years ago. I also had my first hummingbird of the season today. They are very late this year, but I'm glad they finally made it!



We had our annual summer-fun-fund yard sale today. I organized a neighborhood sale again this year, and it appeared to be successful. It looked like a lot of houses participated, and there was a steady stream of customers all day. Honestly, this sale isn't quite as important to me now that I am working and collecting a regular paycheck, but it has become a fun tradition that I would miss. It is also a good way to clear "stuff" out of the house and gives us lots of quarters for those rare occasions the ice cream truck goes through our development! We did about the same as we do every year, and we cleared a lot of stuff out of the house. The kids sold brownies and lemonade but were not as into it this year. It was pretty chilly today and they are getting older. We'll see if the fund lasts as long as the fun this summer.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

We thought of you yesterday and wondered if the lemonade got replaced by hot chocolate. I think it is still a great way to teach the kids something about finance, saving, budgeting, etc. I love the things you do with the kids not only because they're fun but they teach as well. You're a great mom.