Sunday, April 01, 2012

The April Fool

This was not my finest April Fool's Day. Last year was pretty memorable. A couple years ago I did pretty good, too. This year I felt like I just didn't have enough time to put anything together, partly because I did so much last year. I needed to dig a little further to find new ideas and the time just got away from me. I started warning the kids a few days ago that I wasn't doing anything special this year, but they thought that was part of the prank. :( I kept insisting that it wasn't, but they didn't believe me. Finally, around dinner time tonight, one of the kids complained that this was a very boring April Fool's Day. It was. I'll have to do better next year.


Here's my other "foolish" issue. I've been wanting to take the kids out to get some updated pictures of them to hang on the wall. I talked Danielle into letting me take her out today. It is a bad idea to do a "photo shoot" outside between noon & 3 because the sun is too direct, but I thought we'd find a place just inside the shade so we'd get the nice sunny day but it wouldn't cast harsh shadows or cause Danielle to squint. Nice thought, but it didn't work. It was a bit breezy which made it too chilly for Danielle to stand in the shade. Chattering teeth don't photograph well. As you can see from the color picture, the sun cast harsh shadows when she stood in the sunshine. She and I were both frustrated (with the situation, not each other), so we didn't stay out long. Hopefully I'll be able to talk her into trying again sometime soon.

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

It's hard to take a bad picture of her.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

So pretty! I notice the same thing in our backyard, if I can get a picture during the time I ought to be cooking dinner, I'd get the best light!