Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This & That

I don't care for house sparrows, but I thought this sequence of pictures was funny. He was checking me out.
















































I found this weird bug crawling up the side of the house yesterday. He was still hanging around today. It's a type of assassin bug called a wheel bug. They are good for taking care of garden pests, but if they "bite" you it can hurt worse than a bee sting. It's hard to get an idea of scale, but he was just a little smaller than my pinkie finger.





Ron sent this to me several days ago. Probably no one else will see the humor in it, but I appreciated it.


















Danielle - taking a break from riding her bike and making pixie dust out of sidewalk chalk in the driveway.

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

First off--are you sure the bird wasn't myopic?

And, if I manage to turn out a bestseller, does that mean I have a great keyboard?

Lori said...

No.

Exactly!