Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Pumpkin Farm

We tried a new "pumpkin farm" this year. It was kind of a bust. It was rather pricey, and that price didn't include a hayride or pumpkins. We had a nice time, but we didn't have a great time. The place we usually go is much better. After trying the new place, we drove to the farm where we buy our strawberries so the kids could pick out pumpkins. Of course, they picked out the very largest pumpkins they could find. We probably should have stuck with grocery store pumpkins. I should add that it was EXTREMELY windy and a bit chilly. Ah, the best laid plans...




Ron's parents came to visit today, so they joined us for the adventure. Here are some pictures from our outings.





























3 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

It was chilly here today too - overcast and 80. :) I really don't meant to rub it in, I am seriously jealous of your getting to have a real fall. The real winter to come...not so much!

Lori said...

I enjoy having distinct seasons. I even like the cold and snow of winter, but I do get tired of February's endless gray skies. It was really the wind that made it uncomfortable today, though.

Wandering Writer said...

I didn't really feel the cold so much. I was having too much fun enjoying my family. Thanks!!