Friday, October 07, 2011

Nothing New Under the Sun

There hasn't been much going on around here lately, as you can surmise from my lack of posts. School is in full swing. Baton has started back up. The days are getting shorter, making it harder to fit in riding bikes and playing with friends after dinner. Ron has been travelling some. Really, nothing too exciting to report. I suppose that's not all bad. (I don't know that the chapter in Ecclesiastes was referring to the monotony of everyday life, but it was the first thing that came to mind.)

Ron took this picture. It pretty accurately sums up Danielle's general attitude lately.










I got a new macro lens. I'm still learning how to use it and haven't had time to go anywhere but the backyard to practice. I was trying to take a couple shots of this dandelion when a bee landed on it. Although I resized the pictures to post them, if you click on the pictures you can see a little more detail.















The lens takes nice portrait-type pictures, too.





This weekend is supposed to be beautiful, so hopefully I'll have the chance to capture some of the beautiful fall colors that have emerged the past couple weeks.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

I was taking pictures of native flowers in Ireland and Dad pointed to one and said, "Here's a nice yellow one." "That's a dandelion," I said. "We have those back home." My camera doesn't make them look that nice.