Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Checklist

I was cleaning out some of Danielle's school papers this morning and ran across one entitled "Science Safety Checklist". I must not have looked at it very closely when she first brought it home. (That happens frequently.) I got a laugh out of the last checklist item:

  • I will think ahead.


  • I will read the directions and follow them.


  • I will be neat with my materials.


  • I will take care of all science supplies.


  • I will clean up when I am done.


  • I will return all unused materials to my teacher.


  • I will be careful. I will follow all of the cautions.


  • I will not taste things I am using in an investigation unless my teacher tells me to.


By the time they reach 2nd grade, you kind of assume they're past that; however, I can still visualize a boy in my 6th grade class eating rolled up glue balls he saved in the corner of his desk. (He ate other disgusting things, too!) I guess the school figures they're better safe than sorry!

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

Love it! That could also be applied to the cooking section of Home Ec.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I remember kids tasting things in science class in jr. high.