Saturday, October 30, 2010

Zoo Camp Out

The Cub Scouts attended a special program at the zoo last night that included an overnight stay. I didn't go, but it sounds like the boys had a great time. We do have an awesome zoo, so I'm not surprised. (All the zoo pics are from Ron's phone.)

They got to see lots of animals during their "class" last night. Tyler liked petting the alligator. I will never be able to have a zoo career. Just thinking about holding that giant spider would have made me hyperventilate. I can't imagine letting a spider that size crawl around on my arm!!!!!















The skull is from a pileated woodpecker. I saw a live pileated woodpecker this week. (They are rather shy birds, so it was hard to get a good photo!)


















They all got their own pastuerized owl pellet to dissect. I don't know if you can see it very well, but the little pile of "stuff" in the bottom left corner is actually a pile of bones. Tyler said he found 2 small skulls in his pellet.













This morning they got a special tour of the zoo before it opened to the public. This was Ron's first time seeing our new polar bear exhibit. The polar bears put on a good show. In fact, he said all the animals were very active.














Danielle and I had a nice evening, too. We had a nice dinner together and then snuggled under a blanket together in our jammies and watched a movie.

No comments: