Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween, Part 1


The kids went trick-or-treating with my brother tonight. In case you think the kids look a little chunky - it was only 45 degrees this evening. They were wearing several layers of clothes under their costumes!

Danielle is recycling some items for her Halloween costumes this year. She wore this butterfly costume 2 years ago. For her party at school tomorrow, she's wearing one of her play dress-up outfits. I think she has something else in mind for Halloween in our neighborhood. All that mattered to me was that it didn't cost me anything!






Tyler insisted on being Mario this year, and he had to have the store bought costume. I would have preferred to make him a costume because it would have been much better quality and more unique, but this one was not expensive and he loves it. I was pleasantly surprised with how it looked on him, too. For a couple weeks he was really into playing Super Mario Galaxy, so I think that's why he wanted to be Mario. Apparently it's a popular costume this year. I had to go to 6 different stores in order to find one!

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

They look great! The news keeps reporting that Mario is one of the most popular.