Saturday, October 02, 2010

Catching Up

Danielle is not enjoying cheerleading as much as she had hoped. Really, it's a leadership problem. She enjoys the actual cheering and attending the games, though. This is a picture from one of her games a couple weeks ago. We missed last week's game & will miss this week's, too. She signed up for baton twirling, which will start in a couple weeks. I've met the instructor, and I think she'll enjoy that class a lot more.









A couple weeks ago we released our last two monarchs of the season. All the monarchs around here have started migrating. Before taking off, one of our females paused to check out the milkweed flowers. I am really pleased with the amount of eggs-butterflies we had this year! Now I'm hoping the frost will hold off long enough that the seed pods on my plants can mature so I have lots of seeds for next summer.

























A few weeks ago Tyler decided to create Lego City in our foyer. He only worked on it occasionally, but finally got most of his city sets together. Tyler didn't appreciate the humor when Ron added Lego flames to the house's roof one day. I can't believe his city withstood dog paws for so long! We finally started dismantling the city today.


































Our fall colors are supposed to peak in another week or two, although reports say the colors won't be brilliant this year due to high temperatures and lack of rain. Still looks beautiful to me.





















Tomorrow is our school carnival. Here are our cupcake donations for the goody walk. They are a modified version of Taste of Home's monster cupcakes. I made extras for us this year and warned the kids that if they play the cake walk and win, they have to pick someone else's cake this time!

3 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Your cupcakes look awesome! I have the same issue of Taste of Home, they look exactly like the ones in the magazine!

We are starting to get a lot of Monarchs again. Maybe your hot summer kept them out of Florida for a while.

Lori said...

Thank you! I didn't have all the ingredients (or the energy) to put tongues and teeth on the purple ones. I thought they turned out pretty cute anyway. I like the idea of melting the icing and dipping the cupcakes. They look so much smoother.

I liked your picture of Annalise with the caterpillar. Danielle likes to let them crawl on her, too.

Wandering Writer said...

Sorry to see Lego city go. But I'm sure the next city will be even more spectacular--with lots of firemen.