Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween, Part 3

Yesterday we carved our pumpkins. Our local grocery store had a special: all the pumpkins you can carry to your car in 1 trip for $4. I carried 6. It's a good thing we got a couple extras because we discovered Tyler's was rotten when we started carving them. So, I gave Tyler my "big" pumpkin and I carved his smaller, 2nd pumpkin. Danielle carved both of hers. I needed to explain all that so there is NO confusion when you see 5 pumpkins sitting on our porch. There is no 5th "pumpkin" to announce; it was just a good deal on pumpkins.



The kids did almost all of their own carving this year. Keeping with tradition, Tyler wouldn't touch the pumpkin guts. He got a little abstract with his pumpkin's features, too. I think they turned out great.



































































From left to right, Tyler's pumpkin, Danielle's 2 pumpkins, my pumpkin (which wouldn't stand by itself once I carved it), and Ron's pumpkin.










Danielle was going to be a cheerleading for our neighborhood's trick-or-treating, but it was too chilly. Instead, she's a rather thick angel. (I think there are 3 shirts and a sweatshirt under there.) Somehow we managed to fit a coat under Tyler's costume. The kids had a good time. We had a ton of trick-or-treaters. We went through 9 bags of candy and at least 1/2 of what the kids collected the other night.










No comments: