Saturday, February 20, 2010

This and That

Before bed tonight I read a couple chapters of Clementine to the kids. One of the girls in the story told Clementine: "...when there are two kids in a family, there's always an easy one and a hard one. I guess it's a rule." I stopped and looked at the kids. They paused for a minute, looked at each other, and then both kids quickly pointed to themselves and said, "I'm the easy one!" And they both meant it! HA!


~~~~~~~~~~


I took this picture Wednesday before I knocked all the icicles off the back of the house. I left the ones at the end so we could watch them "grow". I took the second picture today. The big icicle has grown at least a foot, although it's a little hard to tell in the pictures. We have seen some icicles that have reached from the roof to the ground, and some that are nearly as big around as Danielle. I realize that's not too good for a roof, but they are cool to look at. Thankfully they didn't get that bad on our roof!




















~~~~~~~~~~


My valentine tulips

















~~~~~~~~~~


Ron and Danielle working on her Pinewood Derby car for AWANA. Please excuse the stubble (Ron) and uncombed hair (Danielle). It is Saturday, after all.

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

Looks like the family will become experts at pine wood derbies ;-)

shane tjia said...

what a beautiful tulips.... nice picture!!