Saturday, May 03, 2008

My Artists

Tyler's school did a fund raiser featuring each student's artwork. Each child drew a picture of their house. The school sent home an order form with a list of items you could have the artwork printed on. I don't imagine it raised as much money as some fund raisers could because the market was limited. (It's not as tempting for Grandma to buy a picture of someone else's house but she'd surely buy a candy bar or magazine.)


We purchased a clock to hang in our kitchen. We got it yesterday and it looks so good! I thought Tyler did a really good job capturing our house! He had to use purple and orange because they didn't have gray for the siding or cement colors. He was also a bit upset because he thinks one of his windows looks funny, but I think it looks great. I will look at this for years and remember the 6 year old kindergarten boy that created it. I guess that's much better than any candy bar or magazine.


Danielle presented me with these drawings of a daddy tiger, baby tiger, mommy tiger, and their cave home this afternoon. I thought they were so good! It's hard to get her to draw anything other than a princess, so she was really branching out! I especially like the feet. (These are keepers, too!)













The rest is not art related, but still significant (to me, anyway).





Danielle scored another goal during her soccer game today! We were surprised they didn't cancel the game (due to rain), so we ran out of the house in a hurry to make it there and I forgot to grab my camera. She is so cute to watch! She smiles the entire time and is just bouncing around on the field because she's so excited. It has been a great experience. Too bad there are only 2 games left! This is something I think she'll be doing for many years to come.







When the kids were little, one of our favorite bedtime books was Goodnight Moon. Ron especially liked reading this to the kids and still has most of it memorized. We haven't read it for a long time, though. Yesterday Tyler brought this book home from the accelerated reading library at school to read to us. After all those nights when he cuddled up on our laps to hear this, this time he sat on the bed and read it to us. Wow. I have to admit it made me feel a little emotional. I'd say it's just a mom-thing, but I think Ron felt the same way.


Our kids are so amazing.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I love the feet on Danielle's tigers! :)