Thursday, May 01, 2008

Funny Things Tyler's Saying

Jokingly, I'm borrowing the idea for this post's title from Leah. Somehow the things that come out of a 6 year old's mouth are generally not as endearing as the things that come out of a 2 year old's.

Tyler was mouthy about cleaning up his plate after dinner, so Ron made him clean up the entire table (at my suggestion). This went over about as well as you'd expect. In response, Tyler made the following comments that really made Ron and I laugh:

When I'm a grown up, I'm never going to punish my kids.


When I'm a grown up and my wife tells me what to do, I'm not going to do it.

Tyler continued his mouthy behavior the rest of the evening. As I was helping him shower, he knew he was pushing his luck. When he jumped out of the shower his hands immediately covered his rear end. He said I better cover my hindquarters! He thought the word "hindquarters" was pretty funny. He giggled and added, My hindquarters are my butt, you know.

A few minutes after I tucked him in, he reappeared in the bathroom while I was helping Danielle shower. He was holding a toy and explained that he was crawling under his bed (?!) when his hip cracked the toy. He said I think we should get some Mighty Putty for this. Mighty Putty can fix anything! (He is such an infomercial junkie!)



(These pictures are of the kids using the sidewalk paint we made today.)

3 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

Gosh, I think I've heard some of those comments before--not said in quite the sophisticated way Tyler does. In fact, I may have made the one about not punishing my kids when I grew up. Hmmmmm.

Lori said...

I said something similar once, too, and my mom has never let me forget it. I plan to do the same. :)

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Those are fantastic!