Thursday, May 15, 2008

Making Progress?

If you recall from one of my previous posts (My "Butt" Problem), Tyler learned how to spell the word butt around the beginning of the school year. He thinks the word is pretty funny and has gotten himself into trouble more times than I can count for his misuse of the word over the past nine months. He initially started by just writing "b u t t". Then he progressed to "Mom butt" (for example). Well, after almost a full year of kindergarten, he has now progressed to full sentences, including punctuation. This is what I found on the easel in the kitchen this afternoon:

Ron and I had a good laugh about it in private. He's too smart for his own good.

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

Guess the next step is an apostrophe between the m and s?

Lori said...

You know - that was the first thing I thought of when I read what he wrote. If he's smart enough to write it, he's smart enough to get it right!