Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Price of a Mom

When I logged on to check my email and the news this morning, I noticed an article entitled The price of a mom: $138,095. A company calculated the wages a mom would earn if she were actually paid for all the duties she performs on a daily basis and decided a stay-at-home mom would make $138095. I forwarded the link to Ron, who responded "Now if I can only find someone to pay you!"

I'm not sure how much money I would have earned in my duties today, but I do know I've never enjoyed a day in an office as much as I enjoyed myself today.










We headed to a new-to-us metropark where we played on two different playgrounds, enjoyed a picnic lunch, made it all the way around a 1 mile bike path (that's a lot of pedaling for little legs!), and took 2 different nature hikes. The sky was blue with puffs of white clouds. The wildflower & tree blossoms smelled so sweet. We poked, peeked, unearthed, splashed, tromped, and trekked. How could you possibly assign a price to all that??






























This is a sycamore tree. When I read the little plaque and told Tyler what kind of tree it was, he said "Some man climbed this to see Jesus once."










1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

I remember someone calculating a mother's wages when I had little ones at home. I don't think mom's got much of a raise in 25 years.