Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Let it Pour

Today is our 19th day in a row of rain. Some days it's just been a trace, but the majority of those 19 days have seen more than a fair share.

Everything is soaked. We found this tree frog on our screen door last night. Not sure where he came from or where he went, but it was neat seeing one in our own yard.


This has not been ideal water park weather for sure, but if we wait for a perfect day, we may not get to go! We went to the waterpark and to ride rides today, despite the forecast of rain and thunderstorms. The girls got several rides in and swam for a little while before it started to rain. They swam in the rain until the thunder started. While the water and rides were closed for an hour or so, we ate and rested and waited it out. After the storm passed, the girls rode more rides and swam some more. We ended up having a full day of fun at the park despite the rain. (It stormed again after we got home.) I'm only posting a couple pictures, but I love how happy the girls looked in some of the candids I got today. This is how I hope Danielle remembers her summers when she is older.


Tyler heads home tomorrow. I miss him. Between his dive trip and camp, it seems like he's been gone a very long time. I think it will be an adjustment for both kids to no longer be an only child.
Tyler, Grandma & Grandpa are sitting at the picnic table by the pool.
I wasn't stalking them. Tyler texted to tell me he was there. :)

No comments: