Thursday, January 08, 2015

Snow Day #3

We had school on Wednesday but were off again today. I could get used to this schedule - go a day, off a day, go a day, off a day, go a day, off 2 days!

We were closed today because the temps with the wind chill were dangerously low. Brrr!


It was dangerous for pets to be out, too. Clara's biggest problem is with her feet. She starts lifting them up like they hurt and finally she just lays down...which is not good either. After this problem last year I wanted to buy her some booties, but Ron made fun of me, so I waited. Today, though, she couldn't even stay outside long enough to do her business. So, I improvised. Ron thinks I'm nuts, but it made a huge difference! One of my coworkers has some dog booties for a dog she no longer has, so she's going to let me borrow those. Clara will be the envy of the 'hood.
Tyler's old socks and some of Danielle's ribbons
It was cold for all the outside critters today. We had to dispose of a poor mourning dove that froze to death. It looked like it cuddled up next to the house for a little warmth and just fell asleep.

There was a lot of bird activity at the feeders.

This window mounted feeder was a Christmas gift from my cousin.

Northern cardinal

Dark-eyed junco enjoying one of my Christmas gifts from the kids.

Carolina wren

Song sparrow

 
House finches checking out my gopro.

This guy almost lost his life. He was busy eating and almost didn't see this next guy swoop in with his talons out.

He missed, though.
Sadly it looks like there'll be school tomorrow, so I better get to bed!

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I think Clara looks sporty in her booties! That's what sled dogs wear :) We are enjoying winter through your blog - it has been way too hot (80+) this winter for us.