Friday, January 23, 2015

Awards Day

We finished the second grading period last week and are half way through the school year now. Grade cards came out this week, and Danielle's school had their end of the period rewards assembly today. Generally speaking, I hate this award ceremony. I hated it when Tyler was in 5th grade, and I hate it now that Danielle is in 5th grade. I would be ok with one cumulative ceremony at the end of the school year, but every grading period is too much. Also, I can't help but feel badly for those kids who try their hardest, yet their best efforts will never get them more than a C. They are forced to sit and watch their classmates get called forward and rewarded, while they tried just as hard but get nothing. There has to be a better way...but I digress.

Danielle earned a straight As award (again) and an award for getting all outstandings on her conduct scores (again). She also earned a special award today for demonstrating outstanding teamwork in class. Only 5 kids in the entire 5th grade received that award today. Danielle does work very hard, and I'm proud that she earns good grades. What I am most proud of, though, is her character. Her character will take her farther in life than her grades ever will.


No comments: