Sunday, August 24, 2014

Way to Go!

Today my brother Ron ran in his first half marathon. My mom and I rolled out of bed before sunrise to cheer him and another friend on.

In my opinion, there's no way to watch one of these races up close without being moved. Everyone out there has a story, a struggle, a challenge to overcome, and a goal to obtain. You can see it on their faces, especially in that last stretch when they have to really dig deep, and it is very inspiring.

We stationed ourselves at a spot where they would pass twice - at miles 2 & 11. We made signs specifically for Ron and my friend, but Ron's poop sign garnered a lot of laughs. Some people even stopped to take pictures with it. We had a good time clapping and cheering for every person that ran or walked by.
 
Waiting for the runners to get to us.



My friend Amy

In the homestretch, passing all those folks from the A corral.


I am so proud of my friend, and so proud of my brother. Not only did Ron run, he ran fast! He finished the 13.1+ miles in 1:42! He was 141st out of 1522 runners. I think that is amazing! Way to go, Ron!

1 comment:

Ron Looker said...

I'll do anything for IHOP. I enjoyed seeing you and it gave me a little boost. Thanks for the support.