Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Our First Day

Today was the second best day of the school year. The very best is the last day, of course. The first day is always exciting and new. It's all down hill from there. ;)
It was difficult to get pictures this morning because the sun wasn't up yet and it was overcast. I think there should be a rule about school not being allowed to start until after the sun is up. I think I could get some folks to sign that petition.

Overall the kids had good days. Danielle really likes her teacher, thinks her art teacher is funny and the bus is crowded, officially signed up to be in band, and is excited about going back tomorrow.
 
Danielle & her friend Maggie on the second day of kindergarten.
 
Danielle and her friend Maggie. I love the friendship these girls share. No girl drama. Hope that continues! 

Tyler enjoyed his first 3 periods and that's about it. He had homework on the first day, thinks this year might be a little difficult and the new principal is rather strict (I agree), and stopped in to see his mom a couple different times despite acting as though he wanted to avoid her.


Working on his programming course (& tolerating his mother's presence).

My day was long. I'm there an hour longer this year, my substitute helper didn't show up, I knocked a container of cookies on the floor, and hopefully I made some nervous 7th graders feel a little more comfortable in their new school.

I am not crazy about this year's back to school cake, but I knew I wouldn't have much time to work on it so I needed to keep it simple. The kids still looked forward to it and were happy to have it. They were even more happy to eat it.

183 days to go...

No comments: