Monday, March 03, 2014

Pen Stuff

The IAP had their annual pen & photo contests over the past couple of weeks. I know there's more to it than that, but I have a limited interest.

Ron won in a couple categories this year. Least year he came in 3rd place for most beautiful pen. He didn't enter that category this year.

This was his entry for the "embedded" category. He had to make and cast the material (blank) for the pen. He came in 2nd place!



This was his entry in the "no rules" category which was supposed to relate to shop life or pen turning. He called it "Installed a new dust collector today" and it also came in second place! The first place picture was of a sign that said "Keep your hands off my tools and my daughter." I would have voted for that one, too.
 

He was happy with the prizes for this category, but he was a little disappointed in the 2nd place prizes in the embedded category. One of the items was a hat that says "My pen is large." Pen is. Get it? He respectfully asked if maybe he could substitute a gift certificate instead. Tyler laughed and laughed when he heard what Ron had won.

No comments: