Tuesday, March 18, 2014

At the Park

I had to run a couple errands after work and found myself with 15 minutes to spare, so I made a quick trip to the nearest metro park. I didn't have my camera, but I thought I'd peek at the wetlands and enjoy the sunshine for a couple minutes. The first thing I noticed when I got out of my car was the chorus of frogs "chirping"! Hooray for spring! I also heard a meadowlark singing. The migrating birds are making their way back. The most interesting attraction, though, was a nearby helicopter.

I keep a small pair of binoculars in my van, so I was able to watch the action unfold. Unfortunately all I had was my cell phone camera. This helicopter had a long line dangling from it. Two people were standing at the bottom of the line. The helicopter dropped one guy off at the top of a huge electrical tower and then flew the other guy to another tower. A couple minutes later the helicopter came back carrying another person and a long ladder. That's what's in this picture, although you can't see it very well. It dropped this person and ladder off at the first tower and flew away. A couple minutes later it came back carrying something else. In the meantime, the second guy on the second tower sat at the top and waited. At that time my 15 minutes of freedom ran out and I had to go, so I didn't get to watch this all play out. I wonder what they were up to. I also wish the kids had been with me to see it. They would have thought it was pretty cool.



No comments: