Friday, February 01, 2013

Decorating Doors

Doing a family art project was an option for Danielle's contest entry. Since we occasionally do family art projects and usually enjoy them, we thought that would be a fun one to pick. Now that the kids are older, we do them less often, so it was nice to have an excuse to make the time. That said, we were so caught up in painting the doors last night that Tyler & I both forgot he needed to leave a little time to study for a science test! Oops.

We painted the doors once before, and it was also around this time of year. This time of year can be so gray and depressing. The bright colors & cute pictures are a good pick-me-up. We used Crayola Washable Tempera Paints and mixed in a few drops of Dawn dishsoap to make clean up a little easier.

Ron came up with the theme. Tyler painted the left door; Danielle painted the right. Ron and I added a few things here and there. We had a lot of fun doing this together. It makes me smile every time I walk into the kitchen and the colors catch my eye.






1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Looks great!