Thursday, February 07, 2008

Painting Windows & Other Stuff

Today I let the kids decorate our sliding glass doors. It has been so gloomy out lately, but their artwork really brightened up the kitchen!

Tempera paint is washable anyway, but I read that if you add a little dish detergent to it it will make the paint even easier to clean up. I haven't tried to clean their pictures off the windows yet, but it did wipe up off the frame of the doors & floor easily when the kids' paintbrushes dripped.

Tyler painted a sun, flower, water, and a couple faces. Then he added some stripes. Danielle made a cross ("because Jesus died on the cross for us, you know"), and then copied most of Tyler's work. She did add a dolphin jumping out of her water, a monkey, and a giant "D".
Later this afternoon the kids worked on their valentines for their parties at school. Tyler knocked his out in one sitting. I remember breaking them up into groups of 5 for him last year. It's amazing the difference a year can make. Danielle was excited she got to do some this year, too. I can't believe how nice her handwriting is. It's going to take a couple more sittings to get all of hers done, though.

Even later this afternoon Danielle was running around the house with an arrow she made out of some K'nex. When I took this, she had just declared she was an "indigan", which I thought was hilarious. Also, as I was trying to get her to say in the video, last night she informed me she could no longer use her princess pillow because it would give her freckles. When I asked what she meant, she said, "I mean it will give me chicken pops." Since "chicken pops" are pretty much a disease of the past, I didn't realize she even knew what those were. Even so, it was pretty funny.


2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

let me know how cleaning the window goes...I'll try that (at a date in the not too near future) with Caleb.

Lori said...

I was curious about how easily it would come off, so I tried wiping off one of the "drippy" spots on the window today. It came off very easily! It can be rubbed/scratched off easily or wiped w/a damp cloth. It was even easier than I expected!