Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our Little Visitor's Siblings

Yesterday afternoon I watched a momma squirrel scurry down the tree in our backyard. She was closely followed by 2 smaller squirrels who stopped about half way down and chased each other around the tree trunk. I guess at least one of the squirrel nests in our trees was indeed being used! I think these are our little visitor's siblings. Normally I encourage the dog to chase away the squirrels when they visit, but these little guys are so cute and fun to watch. I think maybe I'll pick up an ear of corn for them to enjoy. Maybe they'll leave the bird seed alone that way.

Here are a few pictures. I know the one to the left and on the bottom branch is a baby. I'm not sure about the other one because it stayed scrunched up while I was outside and I couldn't see its full body. Its tail looks a little thicker and it wasn't as flighty, so I'm thinking maybe this is the mom. If so, the other baby must have been taking a nap.

As far as the little guy we found last month, we still haven't heard anything about his outcome. They did warn me that they were really far behind in their phone calls, so I'm still holding out hope that he made it.



No comments: