Monday, September 24, 2012

Life Lesson

This picture was being passed around on Facebook last week and it made me look twice. I saw a very good life lesson for my kids, especially Tyler, in this cartoon.

He isn't big and showy, and most people probably don't see it, but there is so much going on under the surface. When he compares himself to other kids, he isn't always seeing his "big carrot", just their showy carrot top. But I know that some day he will be a great, Godly man and he will do great things.

And Danielle, who is the only person I know who really cares about other people's feelings, even the smelly boy in class that everyone makes fun of. That may sound insignificant to others, but it's not. And she's only 9. Some day she will be a great, Godly woman and she will do great things.

If only I can help them remember this as they survive school and the input of others who don't always have their best interest in mind!

No comments: