Friday, September 07, 2012

Creepy Crawlies

Danielle found a praying mantis on the side of the house this morning before leaving for school. While we were admiring it (and most likely because we were admiring it), it flew into the tree beside our house. It crawled around in the leaves for a little while and stopped to pose for a couple pictures. He has something on his right eye - I can't tell if it's a bug or a piece of dirt - but I wish it wasn't there. Anyway, you can see his little black eyeball dots in different spots in the pictures, so I know he was watching me. We saw a smaller praying mantis flying around while we were outside this evening. I thought they were pretty neat until my brother burst my bubble by telling me they will catch and eat hummingbirds. I looked it up; he's right. How disgusting. I'd much rather have hummingbirds, so I hope these creepy crawlies don't stick around too long!



1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

wow, how can something that thin eat a hummingbird! And I bet he wishes he didn't have that speck of whatever on his eye too!! :) Awesome pictures, really looks like he has personality :)