Sunday, July 01, 2012

This & That

I took this a couple weeks ago. I posted a picture of the same nest earlier that week. I went back a day or two later and took this. One bird had left the nest. We went back the following day, and 2 of the birds were sitting on the fence post under the nest. There were only a couple left in the nest. The momma was swooping around and squawking at us, so we didn't stick around. Further along the roof line was another momma just starting the process.



















I found the perfect Father's Day card for Ron this year. I think it was probably a little worse when the kids were a little younger, but we still definitely have days like this.
























One day last weekend the kids were downstairs playing together when Tyler suddenly came storming upstairs, quickly followed by a giggling Danielle. "Mom!! Danielle gave me a tattoo! What does it say? Did she write 'Momma's boy'?!"  He turned around and had this giant red heart on his back. I had to turn my back to the kids so I wouldn't lose it. It was so funny. I thought I did pretty good maintaining my composure while scolding Danielle until Tyler ran downstairs to show Ron. Suddenly I hear Ron's over-the-top laughter and that was it for me! She was all too happy to scrub it off his back, too.








This may not be noteworthy, but it was a first for me. I was baking the other day and cracked open an egg with a double yolk! I know that's common in duck eggs. I don't know how common it is in wh
ite chicken eggs, but it's never happened to me. I decided it was a sign that egg was meant for better things, so I cooked it up over easy and ate it for lunch instead. :)





It has been so hot here lately. The only outside activity that makes sense is going to the pool. We went to the water park for a few hours on Friday. We ended up getting chased off by some scary strong storms but made it home safely. There are still people without power from that storm, so we were very fortunate.

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

There's just too much fun goin' on at your house! I can hear Ron's laugh and Danielle's giggle, not to mention Tyler's indignant remarks.

Joyce E. Nelson said...

When I get a double yolk,my boys (when they were small) said it was a sign of luck. Sounds like your summer is really f