Sunday, July 08, 2012

A Little Relief

The temperature was finally bearable today! We had some "issues" this afternoon but managed to get outside for a couple hours this evening. We had planned to go fishing sometime over the 4th - have a cookout, make s'mores, fish, etc - but it was just too hot unless we went late in the day and we either had plans or it stormed every evening. So we managed to squeeze in a couple hours of fishing after dinner tonight. The cookout and s'mores will have to wait for another day.

Danielle and I are the only ones who caught anything. I suppose mine was small enough it shouldn't really count for anything more than bait. Tyler was feeling a little under the weather so his heart wasn't really in it. The temperatures were wonderful, though. It was so nice to be able to sit outside! The sunset was beautiful tonight. My point & shoot camera doesn't do it justice. We enjoyed watching the bats as they came out to hunt, too. As far as bug eaters go, I've decided I prefer bats to spiders, although I suppose I might feel differently if I had one in my house.




No comments: