Saturday, July 14, 2012

More Softball

Danielle's team played in their first series of all-star games today. Today was pool play, which is used to rank the teams for tomorrow's tournament play. We played 2 games and lost both of them badly. Danielle did a great job and had a good time, and we enjoyed watching her, so it was still a good day. This tournament is out of town, so Ron used some hotel points and we went down last night. We had a nice time pretending like we were on vacation. :) We start our tournament game(s) tomorrow. They are single elimination. I don't expect it to be a long day.



She got to pick her #. Why #8? "8 is my lucky number. When I was 8 years old I won the handwriting contest, I won the poem contest, I hit 2 homeruns, and I made the All-Star team." Makes sense to me.


I think she looks so grown up in this picture.

I think Danielle looks so cute in her uniform. She let me take her out for some pictures yesterday - I was afraid she'd get that nice, white uniform stained the first time she played! We were kind of limited in our availability and didn't go out at a very good time. It was way too sunny, so the lighting was harsh and caused a lot of squinting. Although I didn't get any "framers", it's difficult to take a bad picture of Danielle. These are some pictures from our little outing and from our game today.

This was the one picture she really wanted. She's silly.











3 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

She is so pretty :)

Lori said...

Thanks, Leah. Don't know where she gets it. :)

Wandering Writer said...

Love the mugging!