Friday, January 27, 2012

New Project

I started saving some of the kids' "special" tshirts when they were each around 2. I've saved vacation shirts, tball shirts, soccer shirts, basketball shirts, and other "special" shirts. I saved them all these years in the hopes that someday I would find someone who could make a quilt out of them. Well, I found someone. Me. I found a tutorial on Pinterest the other night for making a tshirt rag quilt. I really can't sew - honestly, I can't even cut straight - but I'm going to attempt it.



Tonight I started on Danielle's quilt. This will be a work in progress for quite some time because I'll continue to add new shirts to it as she outgrows them. Tonight I got all the ones I've saved so far cut into blocks. I'll try to post pictures as I put this together. Hopefully I won't embarrass myself too much! Here is what I did tonight.




No comments: