Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tyler's Music Program

The 2nd graders had a music program prior to the school's Language Arts Fair this evening. They were supposed to look like artists with their oversized "paint smocks". It was reaching a little, if you ask me. Tyler is in the front row, 4th from the left in this first picture.






Tyler is still so funny to watch at singing events. He has hated them long since preschool, but he does better now. Better meaning he keeps his hands to himself, does the motions, and occasionally sings a phrase. He still loses interest rather quickly - as you can see in the "teeth" picture. He was actually pretty excited about this program, probably because he had a small speaking part. He did great. He is so at ease in front of crowds. There are times I think being a little self-conscious would be good for him, but really, what a great skill to have. Hopefully he will keep that confidence as he grows up.

Another thing I love about Tyler is that despite all the other people attending the performance, he performs just for us. Several times he made motions that only we would recognize, based on something we had talked about at home before leaving for the program. He did the same thing at his Cub Scout performance the other night. He is such a character. There are times I would like to shake him silly, but most of the time I am just amazed at who he is and wonder how I got to be so lucky.

I also need to say, once again, what an amazing dad my husband is. Tyler will never understand all the hoops Ron had to jump through to get home in time for his program, but he will remember that his dad was there watching, waving, and clapping when it meant the most to him.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Well now, that makes me proud of my son too ;-)