Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This and That

Last week was a busy week! I was sick and pretty much incapacitated Friday evening - Sunday evening, so that took up a huge chunk of time. Here's what's been going on around here lately:

Snappy turned a month old last week. He is now 1 3/4" long. He grew a lot in one month! He's no longer afraid of his food (those wiggly worms were a little frightening at first) and comes to see me when I talk to him. He's much more fun than Spot!







Tyler went on a field trip with my Aunt Barb's 2nd grade class. My aunt's school works with another local school and matches the kids up as penpals. At the end of the school year, the local schools (there were 4) get together so the kids can meet their penpals. Then they participate together in field day type activities. My aunt matched Tyler up with someone in her class and got special permission for him to attend Penpal Day. Although I don't think Tyler will continue to write to his penpal now that the school year is over, he had a lot of fun.







Danielle's class went on a trip to the farm. This is the same farm we visit each summer. It was an ugly, rainy day, but it didn't rain a bit for the few hours we were there. Danielle had fun hanging out with her friends. She's such a social child. She didn't get to hold any baby bunnies or kittens, which she thought was disappointing, but she got to see the fawns and ride a horse. We'll go back later this summer. Hopefully the sun will be shining and she can hold a kitten then.




















I surfaced long enough to attend Danielle's first tball game of the season on Saturday. She hit from the tee once and hit a pitch once. She did a great job. She's fun to watch. 3 of her girlfriends are on the team with her, so that makes it even more fun for her.
















When I emerged on Monday morning, I had the sudden realization that my days with Danielle are in short supply. We have 2 days this week and 2 days next week to spend together before school is out. Once the summer is over, both kids will be in school all day, every day. Sigh. That makes me sad. I remember sitting on the floor beside the toddler bed and crying after I took Danielle's crib apart one night. I couldn't believe I was ending that chapter of our lives. But time just keeps marching on. Here we are a couple chapters later, and it still tugs at my heart to turn that page. I know the next chapter will have a great story line, too, but it's still bittersweet.
ANYWAY, on Monday Danielle and I had lunch with Ron and then visited the spray park. We had a very nice afternoon together. I have 2 very neat kids! (Love those freckles on that scrunched up nose!)

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Sorry you were sick. But if it'd been morning sickness, you could have put that crib back together ;-)