Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a good Mother's Day. It's kind of hard to sum up my feelings or to find words to describe the looks on the kids' faces as they presented their gifts, so I will just say I felt lucky to be Mom today.

With Ron's help, the kids got me some new bird feeders and each decorated a cake for me. I really wanted the feeders, and I looked forward to seeing how high they could pile the sprinkles on the cakes this year, but the gifts that meant the most were the handwritten ones they made at school.


Danielle made a little book that listed a bunch of things she liked doing with me. It was obvious that she attempted to sound out many of the words herself, and, quite honestly, I wouldn't have understood the whole thing if she hadn't read it to me first. That's what made it so special. It was straight from her heart.


Tyler gave me a letter that had been laminated. He wrote about what he liked doing with me and how special those things make him feel. It was nice to see what matters most to him. His words were spelled correctly and his handwriting has improved. It's neat to watch the transition over the years.


I got extra hugs and kisses, and occasionally the kids tried a little harder to behave, in honor of the holiday. Ron did a great job helping out today and really tried to make the day special for me. I've got a great husband and two amazing kids. It was a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to see a picture of Lori with Tyler and Danielle. All 3 of you look very happy - what a lovely bunch! These memories will last forever.

love, Aunt Joyce

Lori said...

Aunt Joyce - I thought of you when I posted those and almost mentioned it's probably the last picture of me you'll see until next Mother's Day. I'm always the face BEHIND the camera.