Friday, January 30, 2009

Harry Birthbay!

Today is Ron's birthday. The schools were closed again today, so the kids and I had plenty of time to bake a cake, wrap presents, and decorate.

Although the box of decorator icing tubes claimed they were "perfect for little hands", Tyler had a little trouble making his letters clearly, and he still mixes up his 'd' and 'b' occasionally. His Happy Birthday turned out more like Harry Birthbay, but it was perfect. (He had a good laugh about it, too.) Danielle's backwards y was a nice touch, too. The cake was very colorful and looked great.






















Thank goodness for Dollar Tree! When school was cancelled yesterday, I took the kids there to pick out decorations and gifts for Ron. They had a blast decorating and were very proud of their gifts for Dad.


















Danielle picked out a puppy figurine to go with a dog figurine she bought him for a previous birthday.



Tyler picked out screwdrivers.










We had dinner out and enjoyed the cake for dessert. There was a lot of laughing and giggling. It was a really good evening.

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

When I talked with Ron, we speculated what kind of surprise he might expect. Looks like a really good one!! And I see Tyler's falling into the traditional Robbins' boys gifts--a pointy screwdriver!

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

The cake looks awesome! I love how it looks like streamers all over. I think it's hard to write words in icing. I try to avoid it when I can, I eventually decided to write "ROB" on our cake, but it came out all shaky and I wished I'd left it blank.