Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finally - SNOW!

We finally got the promised snowfall. As of the last measurement, we had 5.75". Tyler's school closed early, so we made the most of it by playing in the snow this afternoon before the temperatures plummet. (Danielle is spending a couple days with Grandma & Grandpa R, so she missed the snow...this time.)






Here is Tyler's first snow angel of the season.










And while I have your attention, I'd like to ask everyone who reads this to take a minute to say a prayer for a little boy in our neighborhood. Alex is 9 years old and in the 4th grade. A couple weeks ago he was diagnosed with liver cancer. He was in surgery for 9 hours this afternoon. I think this is every parent's nightmare, and I know if was my son, I would want the world to be praying for him. I know I'm not reaching the world, but a few more prayers offered on his behalf can make just as big a difference. Thank you.

4 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

5.75 inches? A mere dusting. Ours is over the top mark of 12" on our deck. Danielle is very impressed but hasn't ventured out yet.

Lori said...

We'll take what we can get!

Anonymous said...

Hope you came in and had hot cocoa after the romp in the snow!
I will pray for the child.

Lori said...

Thank you, Aunt Nancy.

I did make hot chocolate for Tyler when we came in. He drank it while working on his homework.