Saturday, April 12, 2008

Danielle's First Soccer Game

Although the temperature dropped from a balmy 76 yesterday to a blustery 36 this morning, Danielle was excited to play her first game! I bundled her up (probably over did it a bit) and we joined all the other crazy parents braving the chilly weather at 8am on a Saturday. It was so worth it!

Danielle had the best time! I was a little apprehensive after practice on Thursday, but I shouldn't have worried. She understood what she was supposed to do, and she really tried. Tyler was still sick so Ron and I took turns sitting with him in the van because neither of us wanted to miss her first game. I didn't see it, but I understand she scored a goal (or almost scored a goal, I'm getting different versions of the story). She looked so happy to be playing.






I tried to take a couple videos, but most of them featured the ground and me yelling "Go Danielle, go! Yeah!!" (I kind of got caught up in the moment.) It really was a lot of fun, and we're looking forward to next week's game. (Danielle goes to church with these 2 kids.)

No comments: