Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bedtime Adventures

Danielle was mad about something when we were putting her to bed tonight. She stormed across the room, hands on her hips, and threatened, "Don't make me yell at you. My throat hurts." Sounds like she might have heard that before.

I have really enjoyed (I'm not sure that's the most accurate word) Danielle's prayers lately. We usually alternate between reciting a memorized prayer - Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep - and just praying about whatever's on our minds. When she says the prayer herself, she always starts with, "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord now go to sleep!" Makes me smile every time. Her prayers are just so honest and innocent, and I'm sure they must make God smile. After my grandma died, I overheard her pray that "Great Grandma won't be sick anymore" and would be happy in heaven. It's nice to hear her pray for Ron's safety while he's traveling (and that "Daddy will be good while he's gone"). And of course it's funny to hear her take on the day ("Please help me and Tyler be good tomorrow.") As I mentioned last night, we've all been a little under the weather. Tyler has the stomach flu & strep. Ron has a sinus infection and bronchitis. You get the idea. The main problem, though, is that we're leaving for Disney in just 3 days! Tonight Danielle prayed for all of us and then added, "And God, please help Mommy not to throw up, too!"

Amen...again.

No comments: