Friday, September 14, 2007

Just the Girls

First - another milestone of sorts. Tyler has finally mastered tying his shoes! Here's a video of him from this morning. (And, yes, he can tie it while it's on his foot, too.)


While I was mourning Tyler starting kindergarten, I didn't really think too much about all the bonding time Danielle and I would have. (When I did think about it, it was usually when she was talking non-stop and driving me crazy, so it wasn't with excitement.) Tyler had school today (day #3), so it was "just the girls", as Danielle said several times. We had a really nice day together.







As soon as Tyler hopped on the bus Danielle and I took off for the zoo. We got there as the zoo opened and felt like we had the place to ourselves. The animals were very active, and Danielle was a good companion. We had a lot of fun looking at the animals and sharing our morning together. Here are some pictures from our morning. (In case you didn't know by now, she likes to pose.)













We thoroughly enjoyed the orangutans this morning. They were playing with a sheet in their yard. Before I pulled my camera out, one orangutan suddenly pulled the blanket over his head, held his arms way up in the air, and ran around in circles like he was a ghost. It was hilarious. We laughed and laughed. Here are some other videos we took after we pulled ourselves together.







After lunch back home, Danielle and I mixed up some no-bake cookies. She thought that was fun to do "without the boys", too, but she did want to share them with Tyler and Daddy later.


After making cookies she helped me wash the windows and then played train on the dinette chairs while I mopped the kitchen floor. (I forgot how much easier only 1 child is!) We had a really good time together. I'm looking forward to more days like this with her throughout the school year (but don't tell Tyler).

1 comment:

nicole9798 said...

Oh and congrats to Tyler for mastering the shoe tying. WAY TO GO!!!!

Nikki