Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Danielle's First Day of Preschool

Danielle started preschool today. Although she is in the 4 year old class, she is in the same room and has the same teacher Tyler had last year. I think that familiarity made this easier for her. Also, she has a friend from church who is in her class. That definitely made the transition easier. Surprisingly, dropping her off was a little harder for me than I anticipated. I am really excited for her because I know how much she is going to thrive in this environment, and I have been more emotional about Tyler's upcoming "first day", so I was a little surprised that I felt a little lost when I walked out the door without her. (This is a hard week to be Mom!)









She was excited to see me when I arrived to pick her up. Princess backpack strapped on, purple paint on her new dress, hair flying around her face, she happily raced down the sidewalk and jumped up into my arms. Once I got her settled in the car and was driving home, she said "That was so much fun without all you guys! It was really fun." (She did admit later that she missed me.) She told me about reading The Kissing Hand (which I meant to pull out for Tyler's first day), eating popcorn chips and yucky milk for snack, taking turns with blocks, singing loud because the teacher has a bad voice, being pushed really fast on the spinny thing on the playground, being pushed down by a boy wearing a green shirt with black stripes, and learning the Bible verse "God saw IT WAS GOOD". This all came tumbling out of her on the drive home, yet by the time Ron got home, she couldn't remember a thing other than the boy with the green shirt and black stripes. :)

We celebrated her successful first day with her favorite lunch, tomato soup & grilled cheese, followed by special cupcakes Danielle and I made earlier. She was eager to get working on her homework, and she's not sure she can wait until Thursday to go back. I look forward to watching her grow and enjoying preschool with her over the remaining 69 days. (But who's counting?)










No comments: