Sunday, January 21, 2007

FINALLY! Winter is here!

You should have heard the squeals bounce off the walls when the kids woke up and saw the snow this morning! We have been waiting for snow since, well, last winter. And last winter I only remember one decent snowfall.

We finally layered on the clothes, pulled on the boots, and bundled up the coats to head outside. Of course, Danielle had to go to the bathroom again at this point, so we got to layer, pull, and bundle her twice. It was still coming down when we got outside, and the kids loved it! Before I could even get out the door Tyler had already plopped himself down, made a snow angel, and messed it up again. I managed to catch Danielle making hers.
We had a lot of fun. Ron shoveled while I pulled the kids around the yard on a sled. "Faster! Faster!" they yelled. I ran around several times until I nearly collapsed. Then the kids threw snowballs at me (prompted by Daddy) while I was catching my breath. The kids had a lot of fun playing in the falling snow. Slowly our neighbors started to trickle out of their houses, bundled kids in tow. The dads shoveled, the kids played, and the moms took pictures. (Ah...suburbia). It was a fun time.





Later today Great Grandma R called to talk to Tyler. She wanted to know if he had made a snow angel yet. I was thankful we could say "Yes". Of course, she had already made hers, too.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

We're still waiting for our snow down here - ha! Actually we're supposed to get some wintry weather (highs in the low 70s!) this weekend. Sometimes I miss winter, but, really, it's pretty nice to wear sandals year-round.