Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Anyone know who Rico is?

Danielle was in a silly mood today. While getting dressed this morning, she insisted on playing "instruments". I was given a tambourine. Tyler had some bells. She chose the xylophone. She started us all off with "a 4 and a 5 and a 6". Putting her bathing suit on was difficult because she had to giggle and run while shouting "See my butt? See my butt!" That game was interrupted by her desire to change Tyler into a frog. She grabbed her Tinkerbell wand, waved it over Tyler's head, and yelled "FROG! FROG!". She gave up after several failed attempts.

At the water park Danielle sat on the tube with me to float around the creek. Her baby sat on her lap. She carried on conversations with her baby while we floated around the loop. Apparently her baby does like the mist, although Danielle's not so sure. She was excited to change out of her wet clothes and put her Tinkerbell dress on because she could "twirl for Daddy when he gets home". After insisting she could too walk with both legs in the same leg hole, I gave in and let her try it out. Turns out Moms are right about some things. Tonight while I was cleaning her up from dinner she wanted to know why I had so many boo-boos. "You have all those spots everywhere, Mommy." I explained to her about freckles.

She kept me laughing all day. She's comical just by being Danielle. My biggest chuckle, though, came when she was playing with her dolls. She usually doesn't name them but for some reason decided they needed names today. She sat three dolls down on the couch and pointed to each one. "This one is Mommy. This one is Ty. And this one is Rico."

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

The only Rico I know is a scuba diver in Grand Cayman. I think there's a picture of him on my website.