Tuesday, August 09, 2016

The Homemade Touches

Danielle had a pool party for her 13th birthday. We made a few things ourselves for her party and wanted to share (I'll post pictures from her party and birthday later.):

Danielle found an idea on Pinterest for invitations that she liked, so we made those.

We used an electric meat carver to cut pool noodles into segments and then to cut those pieces in half lengthwise. Danielle used scissors to round off the tops.

We glued craft sticks to the back of a postcard I designed with all the details, and then hot glued the pool noodle pieces in place.
 
 

Ta-da! Pool noodle popsicles! Thankfully we could hand deliver most of them because they were a little pricey to mail. We did mail 4 of them, though, and they held up great.



I really wanted the party to be relaxed and casual, so we didn't go all out decorating. There weren't supposed to be any gifts and we didn't do a big cake or candles. Danielle has a thing for pigs, so I did try to include those in the little I did do.

My watermelon pig. It doesn't look like anything I saw online, but I like how he turned out. It really wasn't difficult, either.

I also made candy clay pigs to top the cupcakes. I was really pleased with these. Hopefully you can tell, but they're supposed to look like pigs swimming in mud. I found the pig sprinkles on Amazon.
 



 
 
Both the watermelon and the cake toppers were big hits with the girls. Danielle really liked them, too, which was the most important part. :)

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Pigs and Popsicles! How fun! :) Happy Birthday Danielle!