Saturday, August 13, 2016

Marching Debut

Tyler has spent the last 2 weeks in band camp. 9-4, M-F, in 90 degree temps, high humidity, and a broken air conditioner at the high school. And he hasn't complained once. In fact, I think he actually enjoyed it.

They had a "meet the band" night at the high school on Thursday evening and ran through their pregame and half time shows for all the parents. I have to admit that I teared up a little watching Tyler march onto the field. This type of activity is so outside of his comfort zone, yet he stuck with it. And he did a great job! He made some mistakes and almost wiped out a flute player once when he turned right but should have turned left :) , but a lot of kids made mistakes! For the most part he kept up really well. I couldn't believe he'd learned all that in only 2 weeks!






The first football game is in 2 weeks. I'm sure the band will look and sound even better by then. I'll post some videos and something other than cellphone pics later this season.

No comments: