Wednesday, August 17, 2016

First Day of School

The day we've been dreading since May 26th is upon us. Today was the first day of school. Danielle started junior high (7th grade), and Tyler started high school (9th grade). I started my 6th year in the kitchen at the jr. high.

It was rainy this morning so pictures were a little difficult. The lighting in the house was bad. It was wet outside. It was before 7am. Not conditions conducive for great photos. But, we managed to get some to document the occasion.






 
I missed having Tyler at my building today, but it was nice to see this sunshiney face in the middle of my day.

And our back to school cake...I think the mock up I did on paper turned out better than the actual cake, but the kids appreciated the effort. It's to celebrate Tyler joining the marching band and Danielle making it on the 7th grade volleyball team.

 


I think we all had good days. Tyler summed his day up by saying, "Well, it wasn't horrible." I'll settle for that. He is an intelligent kid with a good head on his shoulders, but high school is hard. I hated 9th grade. I would appreciate the extra prayers for Tyler this school year as he continues to figure out who he is and the direction he wants his life to take. Danielle had a good day and enjoyed most of her classes. It still baffles her that grown adults can mistake Danielle for Daniel. Jr. high can be tough, too, and girls are mean. Throw an extra prayer or two in there for Danielle/Daniel, too.

No comments: