Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me

First, Danielle finished her second day of tryouts today and found out tonight that she made the school volleyball team. I so appreciate her attitude. One of her friends wanted to carpool with us. When she got in the car yesterday, Danielle asked her if she was nervous. The girl said, "No, I know I'll make the team because I'm better than a lot of other people." She had an attitude about it, and it was frustrating. When pressed, Danielle admitted that she (Danielle) is probably in the top 3 of all the girls who tried out, yet she never treated it as an automatic. That's what I love about her. She gives it her all all the time. And that's why she made it. I'm looking forward to watching her play!!

Back to me.

I had a birthday this weekend. It really was a nearly perfect day. I got to talk to my mom and my dad. I got texts and emails and messages of good wishes. I got to watch Danielle play in her last games of the softball season. She did great. I love watching her play. (Have I mentioned that before?!) And my brother came to watch, so I got to spend time with him.

After softball we cleaned up and collected Tyler and went to see a movie.


We also enjoyed dinner out
 
and cake.


It really was a nice day of hearing from and being with the people I love. I can tolerate turning another year older for that.

No comments: