Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Our First Day

Today was Tyler's first day of 8th grade and Danielle's first day of 6th grade. How did they get so old???
 
photo bomb
 
 
6th grade

8th grade
 
I was able to take a picture of the kids together before Tyler and I had to leave. Ron took some of Danielle with her BFF for me this morning. Obviously he was being a little annoying with the camera. :)




I think she'd had enough of the paparazzi at this point. 


The kids both had good days. Tyler is relatively pleased with his schedule and teachers this year. Danielle got the teachers she wanted and has a friend in her class. She had to quit band this year in order to have those teachers, but she can join again next year. (Don't tell her, but I'm not heartbroken.) And of course having your favorite meal for dinner and chocolate cake for dessert always sweetens the day.
It's supposed to be a chalkboard. It doesn't look as nice as it did in my head, but at this point I think the kids are just excited to have a special surprise cake. It was good, too.



I had a good day back, too. I still get to see this kid occasionally, which makes me happy.

We had an interesting school year last year. It was full of ups and downs, both personally and school wide. It's a little daunting standing at the beginning of this new year, wondering what we'll find and experience along the way. I'm so thankful for parents/grandparents that pray for us and join us in praying for Tyler & Danielle.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I have the same sensation when I start a new journal - not knowing what I will write!