Sunday, May 31, 2015

Last Day Celebration

We celebrated our last day of school with our traditional water balloon fight. I bought some of those "magic" balloons that connect directly to the water hose and fill 30 or 40 at a time. They are supposed to seal themselves as they fall off the tubes. They leak pretty badly unless you adjust the seal on each balloon, but it is still quicker than filling and tying them all individually. Since I get off work an hour later this year and get home at the same time as the kids, Ron filled all the balloons for us. We had fun.

I wore my go pro to record the fight. Ron enjoyed watching it remotely from inside.


Before


 
From the go pro

After

We enjoyed dinner out at our favorite Mexican restaurant.

I also got the kids "bundtlette towers" to celebrate. They each contain two individual sized bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes. I got four different flavors and we sampled them all. They were wonderful.

Tyler had an exceptional year this year. He breezed through academically and really blossomed socially. It was so neat to look out into the cafeteria at lunch time and watch him laughing with a table full of friends. Danielle had a little tougher year, but she came out on top. I can't believe she's going into the 6th grade. I had a pretty good year, too. Things were a little different at work this year, and that was mostly good. At the April board meeting I was approved to be the permanent kitchen manager starting with the new school year. That was good, too. I think both kids were a little sad to be done with school, but I was not. :) I am ready for a great summer. We only have 5 more summers before Tyler heads off to college. We have a lot of memories to make.

No comments: